Associate Professor in Computer Science
- Research and publication in formal methods in program development, program testing and program analysis;
- securing research and project funding;
- advising and supervising postgraduate students;
- teaching undergraduate and postgraduate Computer Science modules;
- administrative leadership and acting as divisional head of Computer Science on rotational basis.
- PhD in Computer Science or Computer Engineering;
- at least five years’ postdoctoral research experience;
- international recognition as an expert in formal methods in program development, program testing and program analysis;
- a strong background in the development of large systems;
- a strong track record of publications in internationally recognised Computer Science journals and conferences;
- a strong commitment to teaching and student supervision;
- willingness to fulfil a leadership role in the Computer Science Division.
- Research expertise in at least one of the following, viz. automata theory and natural language processing, machine learning, and communication networks (in addition to the required research field of formal methods in software development);
- existing international research contacts;
- management experience in an academic environment;
- a record of successful postgraduate student supervision;
- sound communicative skills;
- ability to teach in English and, as far as possible, in Afrikaans.
How To Apply
The University will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan, which acknowledges the need to diversify the demographic composition of the staff corps, especially with regard to the appointment of suitable candidates from the designated groups.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and contact details of at least two referees), must reach the University before or on the closing date of the advertised post. Applications must be emailed to vacanciesSET@CUT-ME-OUT@sun.ac.za; please also cc: your applications to visserw@CUT-ME-OUT@sun.ac.za.
Applicants should request their referees to send confidential reports by the closing date directly to the following address: The Manager: Personnel Provisioning & Planning, Stellenbosch University, Private Bag X1, Matieland 7602;
e-mail: vacanciesSET@CUT-ME-OUT@sun.ac.za; fax: +27 21 808 2484.
Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments.
Enquiries regarding job content: Prof. W. Visser (visserw@CUT-ME-OUT@sun.ac.za) on +27 21 808 4232
Enquiries regarding remuneration and benefits: Human Resources Client Service Centre on +27 21 808 2753.
Closing Date for Applications