20 December: played a 9-handi-plus-komi game against PW. Killed all of his groups. 21 December: drove to Stillbay 22-28 December: with my parents and my sister Kathy at Stillbay. Only notable activities was the annual gathering of the Heese and Klonus clans for the Christmas Tree on 24 December, and Christmas dinner on 25 December (Dalene made the pudding). Other great food Dalene made was “Lekker Lasagne” from her new recipe book. Otherwise, time mostly passed with reading (Casino Royale, and finishing The Saint Overboard), replaying pro Go games, sleeping, playing Canasta, swimming, some walking (mostly on the beach), and general lazing about. 29 December: drove back from Stillbay 30 December: attended George Murray and Minette van der Merwe’s wedding: ceremony in the morning, pictures in the Botanical Gardens while guests had juice and some tea eats (spoiled a bit by rain, but we sheltered under an “afdak”), reception at the Hofmeyer Saal (last function before its major renovation), and bring ‘n braai for supper at Minette’s folks house. 31 December: we hosted a bring ‘n braai /games afternoon at our house for New Years. David Muller brought Ingenious and Carcassonne along, and we had a good time figuring them out. I was lucky to win both games by very small margins. Marius and Janette visited, and noted that Marius now has some fancy poker chips. I was just considering buying them, but now I’ll have to check his set out, and see what we should do. Braai turned out quite well, but people started drifting off early, and in the end, there were 3 people who entered the New Year with us: Louis de Jager and Ben, playing Go, while Andries and I watched. 1-2 January: Cleaning up after party, house renovations, etc etc. 3 January: I’m back at work. Weep for me!
- Project Umonya Stellenbosch Python course – thanks! (2)
- What technology/science can do (1)
- Herman: I think I’d remove (or at least change) “No more crime”. Maybe I’m old fashioned, but...
- Blog working better now (2)
- Misguided Christianity (or, “what’s wrong with chain letters”) (2)
- gloep: These things make me cry (sometimes with laughter, but mostly horrendous pain)! And these days the chain...
- Researching Computer Go (2)
- Why I couldn’t care less… (1)
- Tim: Amen, brother!
- What does it take to be “saved”? (5)
- Hugo: I’d have loved to hear your feedback on Theo’s “What is Truth” sermon. Hehe… For...
- TheKro’s Nest: Why I couldn’t care less…
Category CloudAcademics Activism Birdwatching Books Bureaucracy Cell group Community Computers Conspiracy Theories Dalene Events Family Formula 1 Friends Games Go Hassles Health History Humour Idealism Ideas Legal Links Linux Machine Learning Movies Philosophy Pictures Poker Programming Rants Recommendations Religion Restaurants Science Sermons Society Spam Technology Thesis Uncategorized Updates Weather Work