- We’ve decided to buy a car – opted for a blue Honda Jazz. Hopefully that’ll be finalised in the next few weeks.
- One of my second cousins, who lives in Scotland, committed suicide last week. I remember taking her to the beach at Stillbay when she wasn’t much over one year old, so it came as a shock.
- Dalene’s computer broke down about two weeks ago. After taking it in, we needed to replace the motherboard and the CPU. We got it back, and it still wasn’t working. Turns out the power cable for the computer had also gotten fried whenever the PC broke. Strange, but at least it’s fixed now.
- I’ve developed a spasm in my neck. 3 visits to the physio later, there’s no end in sight, but it seems that bad posture has weakened certain muscles in my back, and I’m being put on an exercise regime to address it.
- We played some poker on Friday night: 6 of us, Dalene, me, Dale, Andries, PW and Flo, played at my place. We played Texas Hold’em with a limit, and devised a decentish system to prevent making buy-in too easy so that people try to look after their chips. Dalene left early, but the rest of us played on to about half past midnight, when Flo raked in the last chips.