- Project Umonya Stellenbosch Python course – thanks! (2)
- What technology/science can do (1)
- Herman: I think I’d remove (or at least change) “No more crime”. Maybe I’m old fashioned, but...
- Blog working better now (2)
- Misguided Christianity (or, “what’s wrong with chain letters”) (2)
- gloep: These things make me cry (sometimes with laughter, but mostly horrendous pain)! And these days the chain...
- Researching Computer Go (2)
- Why I couldn’t care less… (1)
- Tim: Amen, brother!
- What does it take to be “saved”? (5)
- Hugo: I’d have loved to hear your feedback on Theo’s “What is Truth” sermon. Hehe… For...
- TheKro’s Nest: Why I couldn’t care less…
Category CloudAcademics Activism Birdwatching Books Bureaucracy Cell group Community Computers Conspiracy Theories Dalene Events Family Formula 1 Friends Games Go Hassles Health History Humour Idealism Ideas Legal Links Linux Machine Learning Movies Philosophy Pictures Poker Programming Rants Recommendations Religion Restaurants Science Sermons Society Spam Technology Thesis Uncategorized Updates Weather Work
Category Archives: Cell group
Supper with Ben and Astrid was real nice. We tried curry, two types. Ben’s traditional one, and a Thai green curry that Astrid put together. Astrid’s one was considerably hotter, and we smelled the after-effects of the curry for days! … Continue reading
Reader, be warned. This blog post is about quite a variety of topics. The discerning reader will perhaps find it boring. But after 2 weeks without a post, I’ve got a backlog, and I’m not going to split it into … Continue reading
This last weekend was the fourth quarter 2006 SA Internet Go tournament, and I was involved in some serious ass-whippin’! I won group 2 in the last tournament, which qualified me to participate in group 1 this tourney, and with … Continue reading
This post is about last night’s Go. I arrived at Go last night with Adrian, and ended up chatting to Alex, who we bumped into there about our cell group’s dynamics, and if/how he fits in there, and what he … Continue reading
Yesterday, our cell group met at our house for the last time before we move. We handled chapter 29 of the Screwtape letters, where Screwtape exhorts Wormwood to look after his patient’s physical well-being as far as possible, since his … Continue reading
Yesterday, our cell group took a break from the Screwtape Letters (a book by C.S. Lewis we’ve been working through), and listened to a sermon from the Moedergemeente in Stellenbosch. Richard preached about the importance of patience and perseverance in … Continue reading
Well, the blogging curse seems to have hit me: infrequent updates. Things have been quite busy the last while, and I’ve been trying to deliver some decent updates of my thesis to my professor, with which I have been moderately … Continue reading
So, it’s quarter past eleven on a Saturday, and I’m in my office. I’ve decided I’m not going to get any more work done on my thesis tonight, so I’ll head home soon. Tomorrow, I’ll try some more. This is … Continue reading